[X4U] HomePage, dot-Mac

Milton van der Veen miltonlist at hurontel.on.ca
Mon Dec 19 08:10:30 PST 2005

If you want, you can make duplicates of any photos by selecting a
photo and using "Duplicate (Command/D)" under the Photo menu. Then,
make an Album and drag these pictures into it. Then edit to your
heart's content. When you're done, just upload the Album.

If you use some other program to compress the images, you can also
bring those back into iPhoto using "Add to Library (Command/O)" under
the File menu -- or just dragging them into the iPhoto main window
from a Finder folder. These will show up as a new Roll.

To compress within iPhoto you can use this trick. Select your photos
and click on the Email button. Then you get an option for compressing
in three different settings. The photos are put into an email
message. You can then save them to the desktop (I don't think you can
drag them off the unsent message). Then import them back into iPhoto
and you'll have a compressed duplicate.

Milton