[X4U] In case of emergency...

Jesse Leo jleo at projectsupport.com
Mon Dec 19 12:36:13 PST 2005

Hi all,

Having recently purchased a shiny new Pbook 15-inch, I want to be prepared
in case of a catastrophe (especially since I have a 2-year old). As it is
now I enforce a "no drink zone" in a three foot radius around the Pbook, but
you never know.

My question is, what is the best thing to do for a Pbook immediately after a
spill? Lets say your Pbook is doused with a cup of water, are there any
steps that one should take at that moment to keep the damage to a minimum?
Is there any hope? I was thinking it would be wise to yank the battery and
turn on the hair dryer...

A friend told me that in the case of anything with sugar, such as cola or
coffee, just forget it. The laptop is toast, end of story. Your thoughts?