[X4U] Virtual PC question

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Dec 19 16:41:22 PST 2005

On Dec 18, 2005, at 5:47 pm, Jerry K wrote:

> My ti/500 died last week, and my boss has agreed to purchase me a new
> 1.67/G4 Powerbook to replace it.  I had kind of hoped that it would
> hold out till Apple had released the intel based Powerbooks, so that I
> could dual boot between Solaris x86 and Mac OS X, but that didn't
> happen.

I'd be doing anything in my power (boom! boom!) to hold out for an
Intel Mac.

I know you can't manage without a lappy, but why not point out to your
boss how much the proposed new 1.67/G4 Powerbook may be expected to
depreciate when the new range is announced? Maybe a cheap secondhand G3
laptop could be purchased as a stop-gap? You'd surely loose very little
reselling it in three months time, and you could point out to your boss
how much goodwill he'd generate by going a little out of his way to
ensure you have the laptop you really want. From what I'm hearing here,
VPC is no way to run Solaris x86

Stroller.