[X4U] .mailloc email address files have turned into folders for me!

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Wed Dec 21 22:55:34 PST 2005

Help!  I'm using 10.4.2 on an iMac G4 20".

I have a folder on an iDisk which has about 300 email address
"bookmarks"  (the foo.mailloc files that come from dragging a
person's email address to the desktop) which have mysteriously turned
into folders!

I have repaired permissions, run Disk First Aid in Disk Utility, and
run Applejack from a single user boot.  No dice.

Does anybody have any idea of how I can change these "folders" back
to .mailloc files, short of retyping and dragging to the folder for
each one?  Perhaps some type of file type editor or something?

Thanks!

Michael