[X4U] BTV Pro errors

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Dec 22 21:00:10 PST 2005

On Dec 22, 2005, at 10:30 pm, Nick Scalise wrote:

> Well, have you tried different codec settings in BTV. How did you
> format your harddrive? Is it HFS or HFS Extended? Are you capturing to
> a firewire drive or is it your iMac's internal drive?

This is exactly the sort of error I'd expect to see if sending a volume
of data to a FAT32-formatted disk - I think there's a file-size limit
of around around 6 or 7gig when copying files to one of my external
drives (which are all FAT32). I'd guess that  many external hard-drives
are shipped from the factory pre-formatted in FAT32, so that may be the
filesystem if it's brand-new & he's simply plugged it in & used it?

I don't do any video stuff, so I have no idea how quickly the OP is
likely to be dumping data his hard-drive and whether my guess really
meshes with his statement that he sees the error after "a couple of
minutes", but I would certainly want to be testing with a different
drive (preferably the system one) in order to isolate the "empty,
brand-new 200GB hard drive" from the problem.

Stroller.