[X4U] Help needs help [u]

David Flory [c] daflory at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 25 10:21:35 PST 2005

On Dec 25, 2005, at 7:52 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> What it is with OS X Help? It has never worked properly for me.
>
> I pull down the menu to get Mac Help, and a screen comes up with a
> question box. I type in the box and get the spinning beach ball of
> death, never an answer.
>
> I click on the home icon and a window comes of with several links:
> Check out great new features, Work smart, ....Look  up topics
> easily. These links used to work, but not now.
>
> I wouldn't bother all of you with this question, but I tried Mac
> Help and ...........
>
> Jim

Are you connected to the internet when you do this. Very often when I
try to use help I have to wait for info' to download before it
displays. A good little program that tips you to what's happening is
NetMonitor. It shows a little graph of input and output and you can
see the info' coming down to you after you invoke help. Couple that
with little snitch and you can pretty well keep track of incoming and
outgoing data.

Fair winds and happy bytes, Dave Flory, San Jose, CA.
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>