How to make new threads (Was: Re: [X4U] Re: Firefox and Realaudio)

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Wed Dec 28 19:41:38 PST 2005

On 12/28/05 9:25 PM, Lists wrote:

> If you want to start a new thread, Compose a new message and put the
> address in.  Any decent mail program should auto-fill it after you
> send it the first time.

People also might not ever scroll far enough to see the "To" address is at
the bottom of each email; clicking it or copy-pasting it will also provide
quick access to the email address for starting a new thread.

In the meantime, I sort by Subject in the folders that hold list mail, which
is more accurate than threading for this very reason -- it actually reads
the subject rather than header info.