[X4U] Crash-O-Matic

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Dec 29 07:21:25 PST 2005

On 29 Dec 2005, at 14:52, net kat wrote:

> Now, my IRC app, colloquoy, can not run: I launch, it quits.
> Trashing prefs no help.

Colloquy is generally fairly flakey. although, having quit IRC for 6
months or so, I have been impressed with the latest build. I'd trash
the App, too, & reinstall that.

There is more than one build attributed to be the "nightly build" for
6/11/2005 (that's 11/6/2005 if you're American) and they use
different preferences files. One is info.colloquy.plist and I think
the other was cc.javelin.colloquy.plist.

I think I may have had success by trashing the prefs, installing
Colloquy, checking for updates in Colloquy, installing the updated
version and then trashing the prefs again.

HTH,

Stroller.