[X4U] How do I lower the bit rate on an MP3?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Thu Dec 29 11:06:41 PST 2005

I about 130 mp3 files supplied by a customer of mine. They wanted them
placed in order and grouped into albums and then burned onto one CD.
I've arranged them in the order specified but when I go to burn the CD
I'm told that I have about 3mb too much information to fit on one CD.
I've noticed that some of the files have a 256 kbps Bit Rate. If I drop
them down to 128 kbps will they take up less memory? How can I lower
the Bit Rate on an mp3 file. I'm using iTunes 6.01 and Roxio Toast
Titanium 6.

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com