[X4U] De-compiling shockwave flash files.

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Dec 31 10:34:54 PST 2005

On 30 Dec 2005, at 09:30, Mark wrote:
> On 29/12/05 22:13, "Stroller" <macmonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
>> To be honest, I have a PC here I could run the extraction on, or
>> could do it under Linux
>
> Do it that way.

Hi there,

Sorry for not phrasing myself clearer: could you recommend some free
or Free PC or Linux software for extracting the video from this
Shockwave file, please?

> My reason for owning a Flash decompiler is to help in the learning
> process.
> Others use it to nick stuff (copyright infringements). Expect some
> flak if
> you ask this questions in other forums!

I'm just using it to nick the video out of a silly flash file that's
been posted all over the internet. I only want to keep a coy of the
video for myself, and I really don't see that it's an issue in this
case. I already have it saved as numanuma.swf but it would be more
convenient to have the original video file than .swf.

Stroller.