[X4U] iWork: Pages

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Tue Feb 1 09:07:22 PST 2005

   Has anyone gotten iWork and been playing with "Pages" yet?  I tried
   it out on a Mac Mini at the local Apple Store today.  It looks quite
   interesting, and I'm actually wondering if it wouldn't work better
   for me than MS Word.  Basically I need a good simple Word Processor
   for writing and setting up fonts on documents that are then sucked
   into Adobe Indesign CS.  I found the way they handle fonts in "Pages"
   to be interesting, specifically how they let you set favorites.

I picked up a copy of iWork and have used it a little.  IMHO, Pages is
not a "Word-killer."  Rather, it is focused around the sort of thing
that you may be trying to do.

I do plan on using it as my main word processor.

Craig