[X4U] Powerbook G4

FC Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Thu Feb 3 05:46:02 PST 2005

> From: Randy B.Singer <randy at macattorney.com>
>
> However, I really don't see what all the fuss is about.  My 12-inch G4
> PowerBook is a jewel.  It's plenty powerful, full featured, and
> marvelously portible.  And now all of the PowerBooks are faster.
> What's
> not to like?
>
> Randy B. Singer

In real world tests I wonder how much faster the new powerbooks are.

Because of bus limitations 167Mhz and so forth, it seems to me the CPU
is just siting there most of the time waiting for data. Sure when it
gets the data it is processed faster.  Seems to me the better buy is to
get a deal on the previous model on closeout. I imagine in a 1.33Ghz
previous version to a 1.5 Ghz current 12" that in real world test there
is at best a 10% increase in speed. From my point of view not much to
get excited about.

FC Farwell