[X4U] Deleting multiple locked items

Markg5 markg5 at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 3 08:59:50 PST 2005

On 3/2/2005 11:56 am, "Samantha Cornell"  wrote:

> I have a folder of over 200 photos on my jumpdrive, all of which are
> locked.  I used the drive to moved them from a Dell to my Mac...and
> they automatically appeared as locked files.
>
> Now that the transfer is complete I would like to delete the folder,
> but would like to avoid individually unlocking every single photo. I
> seem to remember a way to "unlock in bulk", but can't for the life of
> me remember.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have a contextual menu item called "LockPopCM" that does this. Highlight,
Right/Ctrl-Click and select unlock all.

There are also numerous things that will force the trash to empty - some
freeware, some shareware:

TrashIt! <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14884>
TrashLockedFiles: <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18227>

And several others...

I also read this, but I don't know if it works ...

" Just press the following keys: command-alt-shift-delete and all protected
files are gone"

HTH
--

Mark