[X4U] Weird hard drive Copy Issue

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Thu Feb 3 10:13:39 PST 2005

g4/450 osx 10.3.5

Recently I added 2 external FireWire drives to my mac G4. Short-story: now -
when I attempt to copy from the FireWire drive to an internal drive - it
will copy  10 or 20 MB -  and then stops ...   But I am able to hit cancel
and after a long wait - the copy dialog window will vanish - and then
everything crawls along for a while - and if I do not re- boot immediately I
will get a kernel panic.

-  it seems that I am able to write to the drives OK - just not copy from
them...

 I have run disk warrior - repaired with disk utility - and I cannot find
anything wrong...

-  also - when I boot up in system 9 everything seems to work OK.

-  also I tried swapping out drives and cables -  and it seems to appear
that this is an OS x type problem rather than a FireWire hardware issue -
but I am not sure about this at all...

-  are there any hard drive related preferences that I can throw out in OSX
10.3.5?

-  I really do not want to upgrade to 10.3.7 yet if I don't have to...

-  I would love to hear any input related to this problem - revdave

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com
[db-lists]