[X4U] Can't delete a mail message

Crandon David tabdave at comcast.net
Sat Feb 5 08:42:33 PST 2005

Hello,

I'm using 10.3.6 and Mail.app.

Yesterday I sent a whole bunch of individual emails to my mother. The
emails were photos sent thru iPhoto 4's email button. Each one was
about 500kB.

When sending these photo's, many got returned to me as undeliverable
because "The user(s) account is temporarily over quota." My mom uses
Adelphia cable.

When they got returned to me I deleted them all, because I decided to
just put them on a CD and bring them over to her house.

However, two to the emails returned to me I can't seem to delete. When
I hit the delete button, the headers for them in the viewer window get
greyed out, but the emails stay in the folder. They don't appear in the
Trash folder in Mail.

Furthermore, the Delete button know becomes an Undelete button.

If I try to drag them to the trash folder I get an error message that
says "The destination mailbox does not exist".

Although it does exist 'cause everything else gets deleted just fine.

I can drag them to another mail folder, and it will transfer OK, but
the original still stays in the first folder.

If I press the newly created Undelete key, the header becomes bold
again.

Rebuilding the mailbox doesn't seem to help.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks,

David