[X4U] Folder sizes in Finder windows

Michel Treisman treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 07:10:02 PST 2005

If I open a folder window in the Finder, in list view, it shows the
sizes of files only.  If I want to know the sizes of the different
folders in the window, I go to View -> Show View Options and check the
box   Calculate All Sizes.
OK.
I leave Calculate All Sizes checked,  but next time I open a window,
the box has unchecked itself, and I have to go through the same
procedure of opening the View Menu and checking this box in order to
see the folder sizes in the window.
Is there any way to check   Calculate All Sizes, and KEEP it checked?
The problem is the same whether I have  This Window Only checked,  or
All Windows.
Mike