[X4U] Read only Permissions, OS9 to OSX

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Tue Feb 8 06:48:48 PST 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 5:55 PM, Wayne Wilkin wrote:

> Common problem under this type of workflow. The only workaround I
> found especially with database files because they tend to be small is
> have the main user (the modifying user), have her/him open and make
> changes to the files on a network share not on their computer.

Wayne,

Thanks - this solution worked great - I have the database "modifyer"
push the updated files to a dummy account on an OS X computer.  When OS
X users grab those files, they have read-write permissions
automagically.  No whining!

Thanks for your help!

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.7