[X4U] External FireWire Cases

Rod Buchanan lists at sofstats.com
Thu Feb 10 05:53:04 PST 2005

On 2/10/05 4:20 AM, "Stroller" <MacMonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2005, at 10:14 am, Stroller wrote:
>> Have you seen the "MacPower" cases? I have two of their "Clearlight"
>> cases, which take laptop hard-drives & usually don't need any power
>> aside from the USB or Firewire cable. They were not cheap, but my
>> satisfaction with the first one left me no hesitation about buying the
>> 2nd.
>>
>> If you like aluminium cases, the build quality of the Pleiades seems
>> very good - the shell must be 1mm thick, and it's all well-formed -
>> none of it is cheaply cast or moulded.
>
> Whups! Forgot the URL:
> <http://www.macpower.com.tw/products/hdd3/pleiades/pd_400plus>

Plus the Pleiades line is a perfect match to the G5.

If you're looking for somewhere to buy them  in the US newegg.com sells them
under the Rosewill brand.  Here's their link to the Pleiades 800+

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-173-004&depa=0

--
Rod

"Be careful with puns, remember to always practice safe lex and use a
conundrum."