[X4U] External FireWire Cases

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Feb 10 10:06:28 PST 2005

KJS said:

>Can I get the Argosy to spin down? The internal drive of the Mac it's
>attached to does and I have the settings prefs set for such, but the Argosy
>keeps on going (like the Energizer Bunny).

I'm afraid that getting non-apple hard drives (both internal and
external) to spin down has always been a problem with Macs, and it has
nothing to do with the case kit, but rather it has to do with the hard
drive mechanism used.  It was even a problem with SCSI drives.

Some hard drive mechanisms can be coaxed to spin down using jumpers on
the drive.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html