[X4U] onyx

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Feb 10 10:24:58 PST 2005

Stan Gould said:

>I've heard that OnyX is a good utility to use, for general
>maintenance. Anyone have experience with it? Any cautions?

It is free and it has a very nice interface.  Unfortunately the latest
version has included a couple of new abilities that can be dangerous.
For instance, I would never allow it to clear the virtual memory swap
file.

In general, I would recommend that you not use any of OnyX's capabilities
that you don't fully understand what they do and why you want to use them.

A better choice, if you aren't a power user, might be Yazu, because it is
less likely to get you in trouble:

Yazu (free)
http://www.jimmitchelldesigns.com/software.html

>Second subject -- several people on this list recommended
>Netgear routers. I bought one and want to say thanks. I bought
>the wired/wireless combo version and it works great!

They are really good products at a good price, aren't they?  My local
Fry's store often sells refurbished Netgear products, which are really a
dynamite value.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html