[X4U] Mac OS X 10.3.8 Update is out!

Stephen Mackenzie stephen.mackenzie at connectfree.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 10:37:02 PST 2005

On Feb 10, 2005, at 14:26, Neil Cadsawan wrote:

> The new trackpads are a combination of new drivers and new trackpads,
> so you won't be able to use two fingered scrolling anyways.

I know, I wasn't expecting to!

> Also, you shouldn't be surprised that a system hack, which uControl
> is, was broken by a system update.

I know, I _shouldn't_ have been surprised. But it had survived since
10.3.4...

>  I'm sure the writers of the software will have an update soon enough
> though.

I hope so, I've got very dependent on that fn-key scrollwheel thingey.

Apparently--according to what I've read this afternoon--there's a whole
new kernel in there, so it may be a while... if ever.

FWIW, Safari seems to scroll faster (with cursor keys, sigh) than
before. Which is a good thing. "resting" processor load--i.e. normal
Stephen apps loaded, but nothing happening--seems a little lower...

SM.