[X4U] Acrobat Annoyances - Multiple "open with" entries.

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Feb 13 20:37:53 PST 2005

There was a time that I had ALL PDF's opening in Preview until I kept
finding PDF's that just didn't open right. I could see whole chunks of
pages missing. I'd then open them into Acrobat Reader and the pages would
preview properly.

I've gone back toReader, even though it still takes WAY longer to launch
and open PDF's.

I also like the added features in Reader's Print dialogue.

Cheers,

Coj

ps. I only see the one entry in "Open with..."

Nick Scalise <nickscalise at mac.com>

On Feb 13, 2005, at 9:37 PM, Kunga wrote:

> I don't get why you would even want to be using Acrobat. Preview is
> way superior in my opinion. Get info on one of those Acrobat PDFs and
> globally change the startup file for all others to Preview. That
> should solve your Acrobat problems. Acrobat is in my opinion obsoleted
> by Preview. This is 10.3.8 Panther of course.
>
> On Feb 13, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Stroller wrote:
>
>> On both my Macs when I right-click on a PDF and go to the "open with"
>> section I get multiple entries for Adobe's Acrobat apps, as shown in
>> <http://mac.stroller.uk.eu.org/PDF%20Problem.png>.
>>
>> Is it just me that gets this, or have other list members experienced
>> it, too?
>> The screenshot is from my PowerMac - my laptop has two entries in
>> each case. My laptop is much newer than my desktop computer, and it
>> feels instinctively like this is related to Adobe's automatic updates
>> feature. Anyone?

Print Options are superior in Adobe Reader compared with Preview.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com