[X4U] Stopping incoming calls cutting you off during dialup

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Sun Feb 13 21:12:40 PST 2005

Hi all,

How does one stop incoming calls from disconnecting your dialup session
when you have call waiting turned on on your phone line - other than
constantly turning off then back on call waiting?

In the earlier revisions of OSX I remember checking a box somewhere in
Network Preferences that stopped the Mac modem from hanging up when there
were incoming calls. I haven't seen it for a while.

We have airport extreme running and up until recently we've not had any
troubles. It was around the time that I changed ISP's that we noticed that
we were being cut off with incoming calls. Could it perhaps be something
with the new ISP's line or could it be how I've set up the airport?

Your thoughts are most appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Coj

ps. JIC, call waiting is where you're talking with someone and the line
starts bipping when another call is coming in. You can then pick up that
second line too.