[X4U] Global change to menu font

Craig craig at craigwdesigns.com
Sun Feb 13 21:39:40 PST 2005

without even enabling Silk, it wreaks havoc on my machine.
Merely choosing the Silk pane in system preferences causes my finder to
start quitting & relaunching at a rate of about once per second, and
Excel and iTunes invariably crash. Most other apps seem to be
unaffected.
What I liked though was you could drag an app to the Silk window to
find out whether it was Cocoa or other.
But I have deleted it

Can anyone tell me how to know if apps are Carbon, Cocoa, Java, or what?
Java apps are usually recognizable by their caveman appearance &
sluggishness, but is there a simple terminal command or other little
utility or way to determine an app's codebase?

thanks,
Craig