[X4U] Attaching A Router To Router

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Mon Feb 14 09:26:40 PST 2005

What I would use is an Ethernet Hub. Netgear makes some good ones. That's
what we use. It's a little different from a router in that it doesn't assign
any IP addresses but redistributes them from the router upstream. Routers
can distribute hundreds of IP numbers but typically only have 4 ports on
them a hub allows for more distribution of those numbers without creating
any of its own. I think they're a little cheaper than a router too and they
require zero setup just plug and play.