[X4U] Migration from G4 to G5

Matthew Barr mbarr at mbarr.net
Tue Feb 15 13:58:50 PST 2005

It's not just to a new G5.  I got a new powerbook, and it was able to
move all apps, data, and user accounts over during the first startup.
You just boot the old machine to firewire target mode, and connect a
firewire cable.  Away you go.   They give you easy directions during
the process.  *Very* simple.  It'd pass the mother test, etc.

There are a few apps that don't transfer the serial numbers quite
right- Apple Remote Desktop is one- it needs to be serialized again.
Dreamweaver worked fine, as did Adobe Acrobat, and i assume the rest of
the 2 suites did too.

Matthew

Matthew Barr
Managing Partner