[X4U] bluetooth headset

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 17 13:29:39 PST 2005

On Feb 17, 2005, at 4:38 pm, aashram wrote:
> What bluetooth headset are people using with OSX ?
> I want to use it with skype

I have one of these <http://tinyurl.com/3un23>, which was great value
for money. I use it all the time now in my car - although not paired
with my Mac, obviously!

This model seems to be a pretty cheap, generic one - I've seen it
advertised a couple of places user different brandnames - and so it
_does_ feel a little clumsy compared to my friend's Motorola one
<http://tinyurl.com/3mg8c>. That is very small & light, and you hardly
know you're wearing it, unlike mine which I'm conscious of to the point
that I fiddle with the adjustment of the ear-band quite a lot. Mine
tends to wobble a little if I turn my head too rapidly when changing
lanes, but I dare say this'll be less of a problem for using Skype   ;)
- it certainly won't get the abuse mine gets.

When my friend originally showed me his Motorola
<http://tinyurl.com/3mg8c> headset I tried to pair with my Mac to no
avail, but that was some months ago now - there have certainly been
some Panther updates & maybe a bluetooth update since then.

I think I heard the Jabra <http://tinyurl.com/59jws> now works with Mac
OS X, but you'd need to check. Certainly, if you find any others that
work I'd be grateful to hear of them.

Stroller.