[X4U] SCSI to USB for ZIP drive

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Fri Feb 18 10:57:17 PST 2005

The adapter is the Belkin FireWire/SCSI Adapter F5U541.
I've used it with a TiBook500 both under 10.1 and 10.2.
But after a quick Google search, I've the feeling that they do not
produce it anymore.

good luck,
Silvo

On 18 Feb 2005, at 14:46, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
> I hadn't thought of SCSI to Firewire. If you can give me the specs I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> On Feb 18, 2005, at 9:15 AM, silvo conticello wrote:
>> On 18 Feb 2005, at 14:03, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>>> if there's any way he can still use his Iomega 250 Mb SCSI ZIP drive
>>> with it? I've checked Iomega's web site but couldn't find any
>>> mention of weather or not it's possible. We're wondering if it's
>>> possible to use a SCSI (25 pin) to USB cable to connect the drive?
>>> Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>> I've used a SCSI > Firewire adaptor. If you need I could look at the
>> specifications (I don't have it here right now).
>> Downside (especially using a powerbook): this adapted SCSI drives are
>> not hot-pluggable, you have to restart the computer in  order to
>> recognize them.

Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.8
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.8/17" display
Cambridge UK