[X4U] Turning Off Universal Access Enhance Contrast Keys

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Fri Feb 18 12:18:37 PST 2005

Is there some way to disable the keystrokes that are associated with the Universal Access preference pane? I see that disabling the "Enable assistive devices" checkbox still allows those keystrokes to function. (And disabling that also affects some keystroke macro programs, I think.)

I tried using a macro program (iKey) to eat the keystroke, but the system gets it first.

I also looked at the com.apple.universalaccess.plist file, but can't see where to edit in a fix.

I haven't yet tried removing the Universal Access preference pane and rebooting, to see if that stops those keystrokes.

Rick Gordon

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING