[X4U] Re: Gmail set up for Gyaz POP

phlbrck phlbrck at mac.com
Sun Feb 20 09:44:34 PST 2005

I should have written back yesterday (I get digest) to say the problem had been solved.  I wrote Gyaz author and within minutes he responded with the following:

> The important settings are as follows:
>
> - Receivig tab in the Accounts preferences
>   Advanced: [/] Require secure connection (SSL): [ Alternate Port ]
>
> - Outgoing Mail Server dialog
>   Authentication: SMTP Authentication
>   Advanced: [/] Require secure connection (SSL): [ STARTTLS ]
>             [/] Override default port: [ 587 ]

His instant service was a surprise since it was in my mind that his native Japanese needed to pass through a translator - not so.

I had been trying to extrapolate Google's instructions for Apple Mail and could not get anything to work. The tips above May help Jim Freeman.

Now all is well with the world at this end.

Ken Philbrick