[X4U] How do I maximize wireless network security

Kevin Hoskins kevnjoni at garlic.com
Sun Feb 20 10:15:08 PST 2005

Greetings,

I am creating a wireless network for my G5 and iBook. I have an Airport
Extreme base station and an Airport Extreme card in each computer. From
the experienced folks, I would like to see a list of settings and
procedure for setting them that ensures maximum security of the wi-fi
transmission. I already know that limiting the network to just what I
want is as simple as specifying the MAC addresses. But what measures
(which features and their settings; which encryption protocol) do I
have to take to ensure that the transmission is not intercepted and
"read?"

Respectfully,

Kevin Hoskins

"Just because you can does not mean you should."