[X4U] deleting classic

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sun Feb 20 20:40:58 PST 2005

On 02/20/05, Kevin Lee Allen <klad at klad.com> wrote:

> I would like to delete classic from my systems,. but I get an error
> message when I try.
>
> I have not had luck searching the Apple site, is there a way? A process?

>From the Common Criteria Admin Guide:

To remove Classic (Mac OS 9):

1 Remove the Classic preferences pane, located here:
/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Classic.prefPane

In Terminal, type:
sudo rm -rf '/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Classic.prefPane'

2 Remove the other Classic files and directories created by the OS X installer:

*  /System/Library/Classic/
*  /System/Library/CoreServices/Classic Startup.app
*  /System/Library/UserTemplate/English.lproj/Desktop/Desktop (Mac OS 9)

In Terminal, type:
sudo rm -rf '/System/Library/Classic/'
sudo rm -rf '/System/Library/CoreServices/Classic Startup.app'
sudo rm -rf '/System/Library/UserTemplate/English.lproj/Desktop/Desktop
(Mac  OS 9)'

3 Remove these additional files and directories:

*  /Mac OS 9 Files/
*  /Applications(Mac OS 9)
*  /System Folder/

In Terminal, type: