[X4U] PowerBook in "lid closed" mode

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Feb 21 12:24:06 PST 2005

Jeff Winchester said:

>I've seen Apple talking about running the new PowerBooks in lid closed
>mode on the website. Does anyone know if they changed anything with
>these ones to allow that, or if they are the same as the older ones in
>that regard? I have a 15" 1.25 GHz from 1 year ago and I'm trying to
>figure out if I can safely run it in lid closed mode without
>overheating.

Since Apple has tech info library notes telling you how to do it, without
admonishing you not to do it because of a concern for heat build-up, one
would have to assume that doing so is safe:

It is not safe to do with the G3 PowerBooks:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=24613#faq5

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html