[X4U] deleting classic

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Feb 21 12:28:01 PST 2005

Kevin Lee Allen said:

>I would like to delete classic from my systems,. but I get an error
>message when I try.
>
>I have not had luck searching the Apple site, is there a way? A process?

Some folks have reported that it can be accomplished simply by holding
down the Option key while attempting to trash the Classis System folder.

Others have reported that this hasn't worked for them, and that they had
to use a utility, such as BatChmod to change the permissions of the file
to trash it.

If you trash Classic, make sure that you save any fonts that you like
that are in the Fonts folder.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html