[X4U] Two-Finger Scrolling on older Macs.

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Feb 21 13:26:37 PST 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, at 8:49 pm, Joe Block wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2005, at 10:23 PM, Stroller wrote:
>
>> Moderator approval > 5kb
>> Attachment with this message.
>
> I've merged Joe Stroller's modifications into my StartupItem script
> for loading the modified trackpad kext on my blog, with instructions
> showing exactly how to get it to work.
>
> <http://digitalhominid.blogspot.com>

Looks like you didn't see my last update, which I emailed to Daniel
Becker & cc'd to you.

On Feb 18, 2005, at 11:42 am, Daniel Becker wrote:
> ...You can check for lack of parameters using "if [ $# = 0 ]". Strict
> variable checking is a good idea for system scripts IMO, so I actually
> think Apple's rc.common is doing the right thin in enforcing it. Oh,
> and you should also put quotes around all variable expressions
> containing $MYDIR so you don't run into problems with folder names
> containing spaces (such quotes are missing in several places in
> "start)" and "stop)").

My latest version addresses these comments - the use of "if [ $# = 0 ]"
allows for much better error-checking. If the user calls the script
without parameters then it's made clear to him what the problem is, but
if called correctly then there's less clutter.

Stroller.