[X4U] Scanning Negatives

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Feb 22 10:09:01 PST 2005

There are neg scanners with auto feed attachments but they generally only
work if the negs are not cut. If they are (which I'm assuming?) then it's
more or less a manual process, which can be very time consuming. We have a
Nikon LS2000 which makes great scans but it is slow. But £2.50 for 40
scans(?) sounds like a great price. Prices in Canada where I am run from a
$1 per meg at one place to $5 for one neg scan. If you have a lot to scan
it's cheaper to buy your own scanner. A decent neg scanner runs about
$1500-$3000 CAD.