[X4U] File sharing with Windows 2000

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Wed Feb 23 08:55:44 PST 2005

Recently I had to reinstall Windows 2000 from scratch. Now I'm having a few
problems with file sharing with OSX Panther 10.3.5

- if I turn off zone alarm -  then I am able to file a share from the Mac
and see the various drives on Windows 2000.  However I am not able to set
zone alarm correctly to allow access from my Macintosh. I Created a trusted
zone at the Mac IP -  which used to work fine - but now it won't allow it to
pass through... Any ideas?

 Also - I am not able to see my Mac from Windows 2000 through Network
neighborhood - or computers near me...

-  my 2 Macs -  both file share easily with each other and are both set for
personal file sharing and Windows sharing both...

Did I forget some setting?

--
Thanks - RevDave
CoolCat at hostalive.com