[X4U] 10.3.8 update and G5 Towers

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Feb 23 10:32:05 PST 2005

> I have noticed this. Haven't taken time to run down the reason; doesn't
> really bother me. Maybe I am going deaf. ;-)

You must be going deaf :^)  I've got a Sun SparcServer 5/110, and a DEC PWS
433au sitting next to it.  I don't know which of those is noisier, the Sun
pizzabox, or the DEC with 6 external SCSI Hard drives with heavy duty
cooling fans.  I hear it over that racket!

Still the real reason I notice it is becuase in the past the fans spinningup
when nothing is going on has been an indication that they system has just
locked up/crashed.

> BTW, what monitor do you use?

I don't remember, and I'm not at the computer right now.  It is some piece
of Freeware.  I think someone here recommended it.

			Zane