[X4U] Question about Airport Express

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 23 15:35:52 PST 2005

At 16:28 -0500 23/2/05, Winston MacKelvie wrote:
>Hi all. I bought a factory packaged Airport
>Express card for my G3 iBook> It fits perfectly.
>It didn't work. I returned it (by mail) for
>another. Same problem. It doesn't show up under
>Sys Profile under Airport. No Sys Prefs appears.
>No Network set-up appears.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Regards,
>Winston
>www.inventure.ca

Winston,

G3 iBooks take the original AirPort card not the AirPort Express card.

The AirPort Express card is a different size and
shape to the AirPort card so it can't "fit
perfectly".

If you have an AirPort Express card that does fit
then perhaps you have a G4 iBook. In which case
did you fit the antenna cable?

If you do have a G3 iBook and the card does fit
then I suspect you have an AirPort card, in which
case again did you attach the antenna cable?

If somehow you have managed to fit an AirPort
Extreme card into a slot designed for an AirPort
card then you will need to get an original
Airport card.

Most Apple service centres (at least the ones
here in Australia do) can sell these to you as a
"service part" but they do cost a premium.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198