[X4U] Question about Airport Express

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 23 18:53:04 PST 2005

At 21:36 -0500 23/2/05, Winston MacKelvie wrote:
>Thanks for the replies. My. Error. It is an Airport card, not Express.
>The antenna cable is plugged in.
>
>(Hi all. I bought a factory packaged Airport Express card for my G3
>iBook. It fits perfectly. It didn't work. I returned it (by mail) for
>another. Same problem. It doesn't show up under Sys Profile under
>Airport. No Sys Prefs appears. No Network set-up appears.)
>
>Regards,
>Winston
>www.inventure.ca

Winston,

My mistake too with the Express / Extreme typo.

Anyway, if I remember correctly on the G3 iBook,
the card is installed by raising the keypad and
sliding the card in under a chrome metal spring
clip?

Things to check:

1. The card is in the right way up.
2. The card fits firmly and held in place by the clip.
3. The antenna needs to be well connected. Its a firm click to seat it home.

--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat
hangers so that the pens will multiply instead of
disappear. -- Unknown