[X4U] Hyperterminal

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Feb 24 08:55:14 PST 2005

>What would be the best equivalent for Hyperterminal (on the PC)
>
>A client who was a PC person is used to being able to run
>Hyperterminal to console in to routers and such to configure them.
>We can get the serial interface that all routers still use but I'm
>not clear on what software would be best.

Since he's talking to routers, I'm guessing he just needs the basic
keys, as opposed to something like PF1-4 with a properly functioning
keypad, and double-height characters like I do.  There are several
options that should work just fine for him.

For someone like me looking to replace a DEC VT420 terminal, and
wanting a terminal emulator that includes all of the features that I
use, it looks to be basically impossible.  Terminal.app comes *very*
close, but I can't get the PF1-4 keys mapped to "num lock/clear",
"=", "/", and "*" on the keypad like they belong.  Does anyone know
how to add additional key mappings to Terminal.app?

			Zane