[X4U] Firefox 1.0.1

Steve Talkowski stevetalkowski at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 07:45:15 PST 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 10:27 AM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> Anyone got a working Firefox 1.0.1? The one I downloaded seems to
> start, but not window shows up. A little black and white spinning disk
> besides the cursor is all I see.

Hmm, working fine over here.  I just happened to download it last night
and also found this great hint on www.macosxhints.com to transfer all
my Safari bookmarks (and folders!) over.

Open terminal and type:

defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu 1

(changing 1 to 0 disables the hidden menu)

Go to the Debug window and export Safari bookmarks to a file.

Open Firefox.

Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > File > Import

Done!

-Steve