[X4U] Inability to connect to certain sites

Thomas Noel tnoel at mac.com
Sun Jan 2 20:44:17 PST 2005

My primary machine, which runs a fully up to date patch of 10.3.7, is
fine when recently restarted. It will collect mail from my .mac account
at Apple, surf any and all ip addresses, etc. After running overnight
or so, the machine will no longer connect to Apple's mail servers, and
will not connect to Apple's web site (www.apple.com). Other sites seem
fine. I am getting DNS service, but cannot "ping" apple.com because of
an error "sendto: permission denied"

Restart always fixes everything. Permissions have been fixed on the
drive. Any ideas?

Tom