[X4U] Computer "hogging" process

Jay E. Krauss, Jr. jekrauss at charter.net
Mon Jan 3 15:56:16 PST 2005

	I have a number of G4 and G3 computers, all running 10.3.7.
One of my MDD 1.25 has recently developed the habit of running a
process which nearly brings the computer to a halt. The Activity
Monitor identifies it only as "perl", which as I understand, is a
Unix programing language. I can quit the process using Activity
Monitor and the computer works normally, running a variety of
programs without difficulty; however, if I restart the computer, the
process reappears.
	I have pared all my Startup Items under Accounts to those
also present on my other computers (none of which show this tendency).
	Any ideas as to the source of this process?