[X4U] Macs in movies and TV...

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 5 20:36:25 PST 2005

>Honestly, I didn't have an answer. Is Apple paying for all this
>product placement? Even my local Sears store has cardboard iMacs set
>up on the desks in their furniture showroom.

I'm pretty sure that paying for product placement is a definite part
of it.  I know that happens in the Movies, and I'm pretty sure that
happens on TV as well.

Yet at the same time I think some times is simply the producers
wanting stylish looking computers.  I suspect this is the case with
Crossing Jordan and their initial heavy use of the SGI 1600SW LCD
panels.  I really can't believe that SGI paid for product placement
with the displays, for one thing I think they might have stopped
making them, and it was often not obvious that they were SGI displays
(if you know what they look like you can't miss one when you see it).

		Zane