[X4U] Re: Skype....anyone use a regular telephone-to-USB adapter?

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sun Jan 9 00:31:17 PST 2005

I've been using Skype to talk to my brother-in-law in the Netherlands
with a lot of success.  However, my wife is quite phobic when it comes
to new technologies.  I have seen adapters that connect a "plain
telephone" to a USB cord, which then allows you to pick up a handset
and make a call as usual, but of course, of the many products out
there, none appear to be specifically Mac-compatible.

For example:

http://www.pcphoneline.com/skype    and click on the "VTA1000 Skype
Gateway"

Has anyone used a solution out there that they know works with OSX?
Something inexpensive? ;-)  I like the idea of a USB connection rather
than one of those ethernet phone boxes.

Michael