[X4U] Magnetic ink

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Sun Jan 9 19:30:47 PST 2005

Art: here in Canada, we order preprinted cheques through our bank that
have the routing information already imprinted. The cheques can then be
printed through regular accounting software, such as Quicken, either
using a laserwriter or an injet.

The only think to be careful of with ink jets is that the printing can
be washed away if the cheque gets wet (not a worry with laser
printers).

Like other posters, I believe that banks no longer rely on special
magnetic inks to read the cheques.

Jeff Carruthers