[X4U] Re: Skype....anyone use a regular telephone-to-USB adapter?

Alric J. Lam Alric.J.Lam at Dartmouth.EDU
Sun Jan 9 20:45:11 PST 2005

I'm sorry I'm jumping in late, I've missed some posts I'm sure so this may be a rehash of an answer you didnt want.  But how about something like this?

http://www.skype.voipvoice.com/shop/Default.asp

Skype's site says this works with OSX, but only with sound (I'm assuming this means the buttons don't work)  From what I can tell, thats what you're describing as your needs.....

Al

--- You wrote:
yeah, the only problem is that my iMac is upstairs in my office; she would likely want to use the phone downstairs.

But in any case, most of the other replies miss the point.  I'm looking for a telephone-like HANDset.  I don't think she'll go with a headset of any type.  A converter that makes a regular telephone into a USB connection would be great; but even an original-USB HANDset would be great.  Heck, maybe I should just take apart an old telephone, and a new USB headset, and run the speaker and mic to the correct locations in the handset.
--- end of quote ---