[X4U] PC FAT32 IDE HD + FW Case = Mac Recognition?

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Mon Jan 10 09:23:40 PST 2005

If I drop a PC-formatted IDE Hard drive into a Firewire enclosure, will
a mac be able to access the data?  I have a friend whose Gateway
tower's motherboard gave up the ghost the day before he got an iPod as
a gift.  I've convinced him to get a Mac, and he brought home an iMacG5
yesterday.

Can the mac read the FAT32 format directly?  Or do I have to find a PC
to try to do networking so he can get to his old data?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.7