[X4U] Mac Mini!!!

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Wed Jan 12 08:40:02 PST 2005

> Subject: Re: [X4U] Mac Mini!!!
>
>> It looks to me like you could add more RAM yourself. I don't think it would
>> be that hard. It looks like the only thing you'd have to do is pry the
>> little tabs up, there are a lot of them but I suspect it's far from
>> impossible. Are there two slots or just one? Where does it say 1 GB of RAM
>> costs $425?
>
> If you go into the order page and try to configure extra options,
> you'll find that the 1GB upgrade costs $425.

You're right. This is an insane price. I think I'd void the warranty and pry
it open to add my own RAM to save $300.

The rest of the options are not overly expensive however. But they should be
offering wireless and the Superdrive as standard options so it's still on
the pricey side but I think a step in the right direction for Apple.

Richard